Great news! A new, state-of-the-art open MRI is now available to our patients in the imaging department at Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center.
This new imaging equipment is the only open MRI available south of the James River, and it’s one of only two available in the region.
Open MRI offers many advantages. First, this technology gives us the ability to perform additional exams beyond that of a traditional MRI, such as improved imaging of abdomens as well as all extremities and spines. Much like it sounds, the open MRI is structurally designed so that it is more open – which is of great relief for patients who are uncomfortable in tight, confined spaces.
Here are a few additional benefits of this new open MRI:
- With a less confining space required for imaging, it can reduce feelings of claustrophobia or anxiety for patients.
- The equipment can accommodate patients of all shapes and sizes, including bariatric patients.
- A wider opening allows for increased range of positioning and better results.
- Imaging is completed faster, which can reduce the time between scanning and treatment.
- The state-of-the-art imaging allows us to provide the most accurate information for your diagnosis.
With our ongoing goal of improving the patient experience, we are thrilled to have this new technology available at St. Francis Medical Center for any community members in need of MRI imaging.
Learn more about the imaging and radiology services we offer at Bon Secours.