Every year from May 6 to 12, we celebrate National Nurses’ Week, a time to recognize the many contributions that nurses make and the ways they enhance health care — and the lives of their patients.
This year, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Nurses’ Week has a deeper meaning.
You’ve no doubt seen nurses on the news, wearing uncomfortable masks and working incredibly long hours to care for patients. There’s so much more that you may not have seen.
- Nurses throughout our hospitals are supporting their colleagues by jumping into new situations wherever and whenever help is needed.
- Nurse educators are working behind the scenes, around the clock, to ensure that frontline staff have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 and training on new processes and equipment so they can provide the best care.
- Nursing informatics professionals are working to ensure that critical information about COVID-19 patients is highly visible in the medical record, so that nurses and other caregivers can provide the most appropriate care as quickly as possible.
- Nurses and midwives in our labor and delivery units are ensuring that women can have the safest and happiest possible birth experience in a COVID-19 world.
- Nurses throughout our hospitals and skilled nursing facilities are finding creative ways to help families stay connected. And when families can’t be with a loved one due to COVID-19 precautions, nurses are offering friendship, compassion and extra time so that patients don’t feel alone.
Our nurses would love to hear from you! Nurses’ Week is the perfect time to share your message of appreciation.
Please take a moment to download a thank you sign, write in a special message to our nurses, and send your photo to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make sure our nurses see how much you appreciate them!
Also, post your photo on your own social media accounts and use #MyHeroesWearScrubs.
Read stories that celebrate our amazing Bon Secours nurses.
Stay updated on what Bon Secours is doing related to COVID-19.