Happy Election Day! As many of us head to the polls, it is important to remember that the flu, colds and COVID-19 are all circulating in our communities at this time.
Will you be performing your civic duty today? Before you do, be sure to read through our voting tips. They will help keep you and other individuals at your voting location healthy and safe.
Before leaving your house
- If possible, review and practice a sample ballot at home to help speed up your process when you’re at the poll.
- Bring any necessary documentation or IDs with you.
- Verify you are registered to vote and that you have the correct voting location information.
- Plan ahead on your timing; avoid going to your poll when it is typically crowded.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before leaving your house.
When at your voting location
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others.
- Use hand sanitizer throughout your visit to your polling location.
- Wear a face mask in crowded areas as well as when you are inside.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets.
- Pay attention to and follow all posted instructional signs.
- Don’t touch your face or face mask with dirty hands.
- When you get home, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water right away.
And finally if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home. This is important in helping to prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
Learn about the health care services we offer at Bon Secours.