It’s National Hospital Week – an annual celebration recognizing the invaluable contributions made by hospitals and health care workers. This year, we are praising our health care heroes whose kindness, dedication and compassion have been at the heart of our response to COVID-19.
From doctors and nurses to nutritional and environmental services staff, each of our team members are essential to our response efforts. Without these dedicated professionals, our ministry could not serve our patients in their greatest time of need. It is because of their extraordinary compassion, commitment and sacrifice that lives are being saved.
Throughout our ministry, our hospital team members have taken the lead in finding ways to overcome the challenges created by the pandemic, while maintaining their selfless dedication to serving others.
The following examples of commitment are evident across our ministry:
- Those in environmental services are working tirelessly to keep our hospitals clean, ensuring patients and staff have the environment needed to safely treat and heal from this pandemic.
- In addition to treating patients, doctors and nurses are using technology to help families stay connected during visitor restrictions.
- Respiratory therapists are not only providing care to patients, but comfort too.
- Radiologists are finding special ways to support patients and each other.
- Laboratory and supply chain professionals have worked together to increase collection supplies.
- Engineers have developed an innovative intubation box to reduce exposure to the virus.
- Many associates across our ministry are making masks and other personal protective equipment to help colleagues.
We deeply appreciate each one of our health care heroes and are immensely grateful for their service to our ministry.
Stay updated on what Bon Secours is doing related to COVID-19.