A child care provider is truly a partner with parents in raising their children. For 32 years, the Bon Secours Family Centers in Richmond, VA have been providing quality child care for our team members. Today is National Child Care Provider Day, the perfect time to honor and thank the caregivers who work hard to provide a safe and nurturing environment for these children.
Open to children ages six weeks through school age, our family centers offer a supportive, educational environment, located on the hospital campuses of Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital, Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center and Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center.
“There just never seems to be enough hours in the day,” shares one of our team members who is also a working mother. “To be able to have daycare onsite and to be able to pick up my child quickly and get home quickly, it gives me more time with my child.”
As part of our entire Richmond health system, our family centers are connected to something bigger than your average child care facility:
- By tapping into the health care expertise at our disposal, we can offer unique programming and services such as dietitians, risk management, infection control and security.
- The majority of our teachers are credentialed and degreed, and we have very low turnover.
- The family centers are subsidized, which allows us to pass cost savings on to parents in the form of lower fees.
“The teachers at the family center are very personable, they are very outgoing, they love the kids and it definitely shows,” says another Bon Secours team member and working father.
From preschool to pre-kindergarten to babysitting classes, the family centers provide an enriching space for the children and grandchildren of our team members to learn and grow.
Some of the activities and programs include:
- Parent lending library and programs such as the annual Kindergarten Readiness Seminar
- Preschool program
- Pre-kindergarten program
- School-age camps (summer, winter, spring)
- Youth events and babysitting classes
- Teen volunteer and volunteer-in-training programs
“By caring for the families of Bon Secours employees in a safe environment on the hospital campus, our family centers empower our team members to provide compassionate, high-quality health care to our patients and our communities,” says Samara Mussleman, M.T., M. Ed., Administrative Director, Bon Secours Family Center at St. Francis Medical Center.
We are so thankful for all that our caregivers do!
Learn about the health care services we offer at Bon Secours.